WHAT ARE THE COMMON SYMPTOMS OF KNEE INJURY?
The knee is one of the most common body parts to become injured, sometimes you may know the reason for the onset of pain, and other times it may be unclear. The symptoms and signs of knee issues are related to the type of condition or injury, and the part of the knee affected. If you experience any of the following symptoms of knee pain, book an appointment today.
Common symptoms of knee problems include:
- Mild to chronic knee pain
- Swelling and stiffness
- Redness and warm/hot to the touch
- Tenderness and bruising
- Difficulty bending or straightening the knee
- Inability to bear weight on your knee or feel as if your knee is unstable or gives out
- Clicking, crunching or popping sounds
- Locking or buckling of the knee
- Feeling of instability
The above symptoms need to be properly assessed by an experienced Physiotherapist, who can diagnose the cause of your knee pain and provide the most appropriate treatment, management and advice.