WHAT ARE THE COMMON SYMPTOMS OF BACK PAIN?
The symptoms of back pain, if due to strain or posture, are usually short-lived but can last for days or weeks. Back pain is chronic when symptoms have been present for longer than three months. If you experience any of the following symptoms of back pain, book an appointment today.
Common symptoms of back pain include:
- A dull or strong ache in the lower back that gets more painful when you move and prevents you from straightening up
- Central pain or pain on either side of the spine
- An inability to stand up straight without pain
- A decreased range of motion and diminished ability to flex the back
- Pain that radiates down into the buttocks, the back of the thigh or even the lower leg (sciatica)
- Frequent pins and needles or numbness in the buttocks, lower limbs or feet
The above symptoms need to be properly assessed by an experienced Physiotherapist, who can diagnose the cause of your back pain and provide the most appropriate treatment, management and advice.